Senior Software Back-End Engineer
Location: Phoenix Area, Arizona
We are looking for highly talented and motivated software engineers to expand our R&D team, based in Scottsdale Arizona, and contribute to our mission-critical SaaS Distributed Ledger Platform. Considered the next generation of Enterprise blockchains, this new technology holds incredible promise in its ability to transform how enterprises, administrations and individuals can more effectively transact across their business ecosystem. We believe that by sharing real-time distributed ledgers – and associated smart contracts – among participants in a more secure and scalable way, Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT) will increase the speed, affordability, security, reliability and audibility of various enterprise business processes across a wide range of industries.
Role and Responsibilities
- Be a key contributor from architectural and production perspectives to a highly creative and experienced engineering team in an agile and collaborative environment.
- Participate in all phases of development including design, coding, deployment, testing, documentation and maintenance of Sky Republic solution.
- Apply software development best practices such as unit testing, code review, test automation and continuous delivery to produce high quality software.
- Work with various stakeholders and customers to develop the Sky Republic offering and ensure its adoption.
- 5 years of software development experience at the core of enterprise middleware products or massive transactional systems.
- Desire and ability to rapidly learn new technologies, put them in practice, and work through challenging problems.
- Proficient with agile (Scrum/Kanban/XP) software development methodology and continuous delivery techniques and tools (Jenkins, Git, Jira etc.)
- Familiar with cloud service development ecosystem (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure)
- Practical development experience with most of the following technologies:
- Concurrent and strongly typed programming language such as Golang, C++, Java.
- REST API and JSON schemas.
- Linux container technologies and associated stack (Docker swarm, Kubernetes etc.)
- SQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle)
- Information Security concept and cryptography theory
- Background knowledge in some of the following domains:
- Middleware software technologies: ESB/API Mgt/iPaaS, B2B, MDM, BPM/Workflow, etc.
- Enterprise blockchains/DLTs: Hyperledger Fabric, Corda (R3), Quorum, BigChainDB, etc.
- Possess strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Able to work in a very fluid environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent.
Benefits and Perks
- Attractive startup equity compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible working hours
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Sky Republic is an EEO and AA Employer.